Relief Client Care Worker
POSITION(S): Relief Client Care Worker
LOCATION: Men’s Shelter
Na-Me-Res (Native Men’s Residence), located in Toronto, is a diverse, multi-service organization. It offers a 71-bed men’s shelter, transitional shelter and delivers a distinct package of outreach services to people who are homeless.
As a Client Care Worker you will work in partnership with other members of the Client Care Team support the delivery of assisting and supporting clients to develop a plan which will address their physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in Care Plan delivery
- Perform intake, provide information on policies & guidelines/responsibilities etc.
- Assist with complaints and appeals process
- Ensuring safety and well being of clients
- Assisting clients address any immediate needs, e.g. hygiene, medical, emotional, etc
- Coordinate ongoing client housekeeping activities
- When required assist in crisis management and de-escalation of conflicts abiding by protocols and reporting requirements
- Assist with maintenance duties as required
- Completes necessary documentation in an accurate and timely manner
- Any other duties that may be required
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good written, oral and communication skills
- An understanding of the circumstances & issues affecting client group
- Knowledge of Native traditions and culture
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software and experience working with a database system
- Ability to work in a team environment
- The successful candidate must provide and pass Police reference check as a condition of employment
- Sound knowledge of community agencies and resources
- Experience of working in the non-profit/charitable sector
Na-Me-Res encourages applications from all qualified persons. We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CLOSING DATE: open until filled
(Hand delivered applications will not be accepted)
A resume and cover letter can be mailed, faxed or emailed to:
26 Vaughan Road, Toronto, ON M6G 2C4
Fax #: (416) 652-3180 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org