Outreach Mobile Housing Worker – 8am to 4pm Mon. to Fri. Closing Date: November 1, 2019 at 12pm
POSITION: Mobile Housing Worker
SHIFT: 8am to 4pm Mon to Fri
Na-Me-Res (Native Men’s Residence) located in Toronto, is a diverse, multi-service organization. Through a culture-based approach that addresses the holistic needs of its clients, Na-Me-Res’ mission is to provide temporary, transitional and permanent housing to Aboriginal men experiencing homelessness in Toronto, while providing outreach and support services to the broader Aboriginal homeless population
- To provide confidential case management to including:
- Addressing the basic needs of clients
- In an effort to create a continuum of care we offer support and Aboriginal Specific Aftercare to people who have made the transition from streets to homes
- Providing supports on the street and in various locations throughout the city, assisting clients in an effort to effectively live a life away from homelessness toward a more self-sufficient life style.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To enter all client information within “Pirouette” our client database as per our funding agreement.
- Identify type of housing needs including shelter, transitional, supportive, long term care facilities as we work towards a permanent residential setting.
- Assist and support clients to complete housing applications, to reactivate existing applications and other applications as required
- Support and accompany clients to housing and other appointments and services when appropriate
- In partnership with client develop an “Aftercare” plan which includes follow-up services
- Assist clients in locating and utilizing community resources as supports to maintain their housing
- Provide eviction prevention and intervention service to clients whose housing security is at risk
- Participate in regular case management supervision
- Other duties as identified by their supervisor
- Familiarity with housing resources in Toronto
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple jobs effectively
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Able to communicate effectively – Good oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge and ability to work with computers
- Ability to write and communicate clearly and effectively
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- An education in social services or other related discipline or equivalent
- Several years of experience in a related institution
- A valid Ontario Driver’s License and clean driving abstract is an asset with ten or more years driving experience
- Successful candidate required to provide a police check as a condition of employment
- Successful experience working with a diverse population
- Knowledge of Native traditions and culture is an asset
Na-Me-Res encourages Aboriginal applications (First Nation, Metis, Inuit and those who self-identify). We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are invited to an interview and require accommodation, we will make every effort to accommodate you.
(Hand delivered resumes will not be accepted, please no phone calls)
CLOSING DATE: November 1, 2019 at 12pm.
A resume and cover letter can be emailed, mailed or faxed:
26 Vaughan Road, Toronto, ON M6G 2C4
Fax #: (416) 652-3138 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org