MOVEMBER Indigenous Programs Assistant, Trainee (Contract: April 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020) Open Until Filled
Position Title Indigenous Programs Assistant, Trainee (Contract: April 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020)
Reports To Global Director Indigenous Men’s Mental Health Programs
Division Canadian Headquarters
Location Toronto Office, 588 Richmond Street, Toronto, ON, M5V1Y9
Movember Foundation is a global men’s health charity that is focused on helping men live healthier and happier lives. Founded in 2003, the Foundation has been in Canada since 20017 raisning funds to support better health outcomes in the areas of prostate cancer, testicular cancer and men’s mental health and suicide prevention. Movember is currently funding programs to support Indigenous men and boys live healthier and happier lives.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides administrative support to Indigenous programs team.
- Supports program development and operations for men’s mental health programming and oversees programming as directed.
- Provides support to engage participants in program development to enhance best operational outcomes.
- Assists Movember Foundation in writing program proposals and plans
- Assists in the development of project plans which include objectives, outcomes, activities, timelines and measurables.
- Assist evaluators with the collection of data and the development of evaluation plans.
- Assists in the development and upkeep of plans, critical paths, meeting minutes, report updates, budgets,
- Works in collaboration with key external stakeholders in all program operations and assists in the coordination of meetings regarding this.
- A post-secondary education (degree or college diploma or certificate) and or the equivalent of years’ experience -a minimum of one year of work experience would be required with a diploma or certificate.
- An interest in developing a career in program management in the non-profit
- Friendly and professional demeanor, with a positive attitude and passion to help
- Good communication skills, verbal and written and good organization skills.
- Experience working with computers and Microsoft Office applications such (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, mail merges) and online internet search
- Strong work ethic and high
- Experience working with the Indigenous community.
- Availability to sometimes work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends.
The duties may be amended from time to time.
If you are passionate about men’s health and committed to making a difference in your community, we’d love to hear from you!
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume along with three references to email@example.com
**Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is identified and offered the trainee position.
Movember Foundation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest in Movember Foundation however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The position is subject to Government funding. Candidate must be registered with Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment and Training.
Funding for this position is generously provided by: