Client Care Worker Trainee x 2 – 1 year contract Closing Date: Wednesday April 17, 2019 5pm.
POSITION: Client Care Worker Trainee x 2 – 1 year contract
LOCATION: Native Men’s Residence
SHIFT: 8 & 12 hours Shifts
Na-Me-Res (Native Men’s Residence) located in Toronto, is a diverse, multi-service organization. Through a culture-based approach that addresses the holistic needs of its clients, Na-Me-Res’ mission is to provide temporary, transitional and permanent housing to Aboriginal men experiencing homelessness in Toronto, while providing outreach and support services to the broader Aboriginal homeless population.
Na-Me-Res (Native Men’s Residence), located in Toronto, is a diverse, multi-service organization. It offers a 71 bed men’s shelter, a transitional housing program, and delivers a distinct package of outreach services to people who are homeless.
As a Client Care Worker Trainee you will, in partnership with other members of the Client Care Team support the delivery of assisting and supporting clients, develop a plan which will address their physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in Care Plan delivery
- Ensuring safety and well-being of clients
- Assisting clients address any immediate needs, e.g. hygiene, medical, emotional, etc
- Coordinate ongoing client housekeeping activities
- When required assist in crisis management and de-escalation of conflicts abiding by protocols and reporting requirements
- Assist with maintenance duties as required
- Completes necessary documentation in an accurate and timely manner
- Any other duties that may be required
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good written, oral and communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Successful candidate to provide a Police reference check as a condition of employment
- Knowledge of Native traditions and culture
- Sound knowledge of community agencies and resources
- Experience of working in the non-profit/charitable sector
- An understanding of the circumstances & issues affecting client group (i.e. addictions, homelessness, trauma, harm reduction, racism and discrimination)
Na-Me-Res encourages Aboriginal applications (First Nation, Métis, Inuit and those who self-identify). We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are invited to an interview and require accommodation, we will make every effort to accommodate you.
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday April 17, 2019 5pm.
A resume and cover letter can be mailed, faxed or emailed to:
26 Vaughan Road, Toronto, ON M6G 2C4
Fax #: (416) 652-3138 / Email: email@example.com
(Hand delivered applications will not be accepted and no phone calls please)
Aboriginal Employment & Training