Client Care Worker – Relief – Men’s Shelter : Open until filled.
POSITION: Client Care Worker – Relief
Na-Me-Res (Native Men’s Residence) located in Toronto, is a diverse, multi-service organization. Through a culture-based approach that addresses the holistic needs of its clients, Na-Me-Res’ mission is to provide temporary, transitional and permanent housing to Aboriginal men experiencing homelessness in Toronto, while providing outreach and support services to the broader Aboriginal homeless population.
As a Client Care Worker you will work in partnership with members of the client care team to provide support and ensure the delivery of the client’s personal care plan which will address their physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the reception area while assisting clients to address any immediate needs (e.g. crisis, hygiene, medical, etc.)
- Assists in care plan delivery
- Ensures the safety and well- being of clients
- Co-ordinates ongoing client housekeeping activities
- Assists in crisis management and de-escalation of conflicts while abiding by policies
- Assists with maintenance duties as required
- Completes necessary documentation in an accurate and timely manner
- Any other duties that may be identified by the Manager
- Experience working in a social service setting
- An understanding of the circumstances & issues affecting the client group
- Crisis intervention and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of Aboriginal history and culture
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team environment
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software and the Shelter Management Information System (SMIS)
- The successful candidate must provide a Police reference check and/or Federal government screening as a condition of employment
Na-Me-Res encourages Aboriginal applicants (First Nation, Métis, Inuit and those who self- identify). We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are invited to an interview and require accommodation, we will make every effort to accommodate you.
SALARY: $ 20.08 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Friday August 9, 2019 at 12noon
A cover letter and resume can be submitted to:
26 Vaughan Road, Toronto, ON M6G 2C4
Fax #: (416) 652-3138 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(hand delivered resumes will not be accepted please no phone calls)