Client Care Worker (2 Positions) Permanent Part Time – Weekends 24 hours/week
POSITION(S): Client Care Worker (2 Positions)
Permanent Part Time – Weekends 24 hours/week
LOCATION: Men’s Shelter
Na-Me-Res (Native Men’s Residence), located in Toronto, is a diverse, multi-service organization.
Our Mission Statement is: Through a culture-based approach that addresses the holistic needs of its clients, Na-Me-Res’(Native Men’s Residence) mission is to provide temporary, transitional and permanent housing to Aboriginal men experiencing homelessness in Toronto, while providing outreach and support services to the broader Aboriginal Homeless population.
As a Client Care Worker (CCW) you will work in partnership with other members of the Client Care Team support the delivery of assisting and supporting clients to develop a plan which will address their physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in Care Plan delivery
- Ensuring safety and well- being of clients
- Assisting clients address any immediate needs, e.g. hygiene, medical, emotional, etc
- Coordinate ongoing client housekeeping activities
- When required assist in crisis management and de-escalation of conflicts abiding by protocols and reporting requirements
- Assist with maintenance duties as required
- Completes necessary documentation in an accurate and timely manner
- Any other duties that may be required
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good written, oral and communication skills
- An understanding of the circumstances & issues affecting client group
- Knowledge of Native traditions and culture
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software and experience working with a database system
- Ability to work in a team environment
- The successful candidate to provide a current Police reference check as a condition of employment
- Sound knowledge of community agencies and resources
- Experience of working in the non-profit/charitable sector
Na-Me-Res encourages Aboriginal applications (First Nation, Métis, Inuit and those who self- identify). We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are invited to an interview and require accommodation, we will make every effort to oblige you.
Wage: 20.08 / Hour
Hand delivered applications will not be accepted / no phone calls please
CLOSING DATE: MARCH 22, 2018 AT 12NOON
A resume and cover letter can be mailed, handed in to, faxed or emailed to:
26 Vaughan Road, Toronto, ON M6G 2C4
Fax #: (416) 652-3138 / Email: email@example.com