Case Manager Trainee – Closing :March 17, 2020 at 5pm.
POSITION: Case Manager Trainee
LOCATION: Native Men’s Residence
SHIFT: 9 to 5pm.
Na-Me-Res (Native Men’s Residence) located in Toronto, is a diverse, multi-service organization. Through a culture-based approach that addresses the holistic needs of its clients, Na-Me-Res’ mission is to provide temporary, transitional and permanent housing to Indigenous men experiencing homelessness in Toronto, while providing outreach and support services to the broader Indigenous homeless population.
To provide case management support to residents of the Na-Me-Res emergency shelter and facilitate skills development and life skills sessions both one on one and in group settings
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – to assist in the following:
- Complete assessments and develop case plans in partnership with clients
- Provides information, referrals and follow-up services to clients
- Assist clients to access community based services as required
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date case files and documentation
- Provide written reports as requested
- Participate in and attend team meetings
- Plan and deliver life skills and recreational programming
- Complete all assigned training and certifications
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Applicant must have completed post-secondary education in the field of social work or related field
- No previous experience required – new and recent graduated are encouraged to apply
- Eligible to register with Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment and Training
- Successful candidate to provide a Police reference check as a condition of employment
- Ability to function in a team approach to service delivery
- An understanding of the circumstances & issues affecting the client group (i.e. addictions, homelessness, trauma, harm reduction, racism and discrimination)
- Excellent communication skills
Na-Me-Res encourages Indigenous applications (First Nation, Métis, Inuit). We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are invited to an interview and require accommodation, we will make every effort to accommodate you.
Wage: $20.00 per hour
CLOSING DATE: March 17, 2020 at 5pm.
A resume, cover letter, and references can be sent to:
26 Vaughan Road, Toronto, ON M6G 2C4
Fax # (416) 652-3138 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Hand delivered applications will not be accepted and no calls please)
ABORIGINAL EMPLOYMENT AND TRAINING