Administrative Officer/ Permanent Part Time – 3 days per week Closing: March 18, 2021 at 12noon
Na-Me-Res (Native Men’s Residence) located in Toronto, is a diverse, multi-service organization. Through a culture-based approach that addresses the holistic needs of its clients Na-Me-Res’ mission is to provide temporary, transitional and permanent housing to Indigenous men experiencing homelessness in Toronto, while providing outreach and support services to the broader Indigenous homeless population. Note: this position is located at 26 Vaughan Rd in the Administration area. All COVID-19 Safety measures are in place with the use of Personal Protective Equipment.
MAIN FUNCTION: The Administrative Officer will be responsible for providing high-level administrative support to the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with general administration duties
- Perform reception duties in a pleasant, efficient, and respectful manner
- Complete all reports and requests for information as scheduled and when required
- Maintain notes and files as required
- Responding to inquiries from members of the public
- Assist in maintaining comprehensive records on the programs
- Schedule and coordinates meetings, training, etc.
- Draft and distribute agendas, put together board meeting packages, and record minutes
- Support the editing and composition of various correspondence
- Other duties as identified by the Executive Director
SKILLS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- An understanding of Aboriginal history, traditions, culture and approaches
- Work will normally be regular weekday hours, but some flexibility to work evenings, weekends, or overtime may be necessary
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple jobs effectively
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to work well with clients and colleagues
- Able to communicate effectively – Good oral and written communication skills
- This position requires the successful candidate to provide a Police clearance check (CPIC) as a condition of employment
- Assist with general filing in the Finance department
Na-Me-Res encourages Indigenous applicants (First Nation, Metis, and Inuit) to apply We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are invited to an interview and require accommodation, we will make every effort to accommodate you.
Closing date: March 18, 2021 at 12noon
A resume, cover letter, and list of 3 references can be sent to:
26 Vaughan Road, Toronto, ON M6G 2C4
Fax #: (416) 652-3138 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org