Administrative Assistant – Summer Student position Closing: Friday May 15, 2020 at 5pm.
POSITION: Administrative Assistant – Summer Student position
LOCATION: 14/26 Vaughan Road
Na-Me-Res (Native Men’s Residence) located in Toronto, is a diverse, multi-service organization. Through a culture-based approach that addresses the holistic needs of its clients, Na-Me-Res’ mission is to provide temporary, transitional and permanent housing to Indigenous men experiencing homelessness in Toronto, while providing outreach and support services to the broader Indigenous homeless population.
The Shelter Administrative Assistant will be responsible for various administrative tasks (e.g preparing reports, administering satisfaction surveys etc.). In addition, the Shelter Administrative Assistant will provide support to the care team and assist with client care delivery as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains statistical data
- Assists to maintain accurate and up-to-date case files
- Provides written reports as requested
- Assist in developing and implementing quality improvement processes
- Provides support in life skills programming for clients
- Assists clients to address immediate basic needs
- Attends individual and team meetings and assists with recording minutes
- Participates in formal training initiatives
- Other related duties as assigned by the Manager and the Administrative team
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Eligible to register with Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment and Training
- Must be registered to return to school in the Fall
- Experience working in a social service setting
- Understanding of Aboriginal history and culture
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team environment
- The successful candidate must provide a Police reference check and/or Federal government screening as a condition of employment
Na-Me-Res encourages Indigenous applicants (First Nation, Métis, Inuit). We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are invited to an interview and require accommodation, we will make every effort to accommodate you.
Wage: $17.00 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Friday May 15, 2020 at 5pm.
A cover letter and resume can be submitted to:
26 Vaughan Road, Toronto, ON M6G 2C4
Fax #: (416) 656-3180 / Email: email@example.com
(Hand delivered applications will not be accepted/no phone calls please)
ABORIGINAL EMPLOYMENT AND TRAINING